Friday, May 8, 2009

Faces....

Ok this is a personal project Ive been thinking about for a few weeks now. Every morning on my way to work i see a homeless man working away at electrical pole near an intersection. I always wondered what the heck it was he was doing . Then after a few days I see these faces sculpted out of what seems to be clay of some sort. I thought it was pretty cool this guy living on the street was out there doing this. Then i thought where did he learn this ? who is he ? and now I must find out. So i want to catch him one day and find out his story.

Here a few pics of this guys work. It was pretty funny to see the stares i was getting as i pulled over on the side of the road during morning rush hour and whipped out my camera and started snapping away...... Enjoy and dont forget to leave comments.

Ps hopefully i will be able to catch the "homeless artist" and have a part two with more pics and when ever info i can pry out of him.

5 comments:

  1. They look really good! The second one from the bottom is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these shots are very interesting. It's a very odd place to find something like this, but you captured the images well. Again very clear pictures. Love the different angles you're taking them at, and very good lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice!!! def would be a interesting story to find out and even submit to a newspaper!! goodluck with this !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Your capture of the images are very inspiring. Make sure you get the story behind the artist. I'll be looking for it, as I am sure it will be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete