Saturday, May 9, 2009

Faces Part 2 .........Micheal Addis

Ok so i went out this morning to find the "Homeless Sculptor" , lucky for me he was in his usual spot hard at work. So i sat down and spoke to Mr. Micheal Addis, as he told me was his name. As anyone would expect when you find a homeless person riding through the streets day and night on a broken down bicycle, he told me the usual story of being a drug addict and suffering all of the so called normal perrils street people, go through, but between the stories of the streets came snippets of his family life, childhood and a world of unsuspected knowledge from this seamingly hopeless transient..... there is way too much information and many pics for me to fit in one post without writing a full blown novel so im going to have to break it up into a few separet post each day or throughout the day... again feel free to leave comments ask questions, give suggestions and whatever else you see fit, the more feedback i get the more i will post.
thank you to those of you who have posted already and i hope you will all subscrib to this blog and follow me on my photographic journey...........









5 comments:

  1. Cool pictures Merv! This poor guy looks like he's been through alot. What's he holding in that last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its actually a bunch of stuff he mixes together to make the stuff he uses to sculpt those faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome pictures and I admire the fact that you took time out of your day to sit down and talk with this individual who the rest of society would just simply overlook. He has a story just like everybody else, and I look forward to reading his story and your experiences as you put them into words. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color accent on the one picture of his hand and the pot. I also love that you sat down and talked to this man and are putting his story in here through pictures. It's very real and I love how you are capturing it. Again very good quality photos. Good angles, lighting, and variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha you actually found him, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete